Re: 2000i "improvements" iver 4,0

On Thu, 31 Jan 2002 18:16:31 -0600, Mark Brown
<markbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>i have a 8000 box with ethernet and it works at full speed.

Hiya Mark,

Now this is a puzzle.  BobR may have the best answer.  We were TOLD
the 8000 box, although having an ethernet port did not have the
innerds for ethernet.  We were TOLD that the new 8080 had ethernet in
order to accomodate Decimals and options data.  I was also TOLD that
DTN was going to switch everyone over to the new satellite which
wouldn't work with the old 8000 box.

As well illustrated by an infamous trading software vendor, its not so
much what is said as what actually occurs that is important.  I would
be carefull if I were you.  If your box finds out that it is doing
more than it is supposed to, it might demand it's own cooling fan,
perfect sine wave power and probably a window view.

Fred