From: "Alex Matulich" <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2002 2:24 PM
Subject: Anybody ever seen this Prosuite bug??

: Last night I encountered a strange bug while using ProSuite 2000i
: (SP5 build 822).
:
: I was trying to recreate a variant of Oddball using daily data.  I
: imported my SPX data into data1, and then I imported NYSE advancing
: issues into data2.  As soon as I did this, the SPX prices for every
: Monday disappeared!  They were blank.  Nothing.  Any strategy or
: indicator would show quite different results (data2 wasn't even
: referenced anywhere).
:
: When I deleted data2, the Monday prices came back.  I when I read
: the Advancing Issues back into data2, the Monday prices disappeared
: again.  All of data2 existed.
:
: My SPX data covers the last 8 years, and the Advancing Issues goes
: from 1965 to 10/12/2001.  The range which I imported was from
: 8/1/1998 to 10/12/2001 for both data sets.
:
: Shutting down Prosuite, PowerEditor, and GlobalServer and starting
: them up again didn't fix the problem.
:
: Has anyone else encountered this?
:
: What I ended up doing is loading up an old workspace that worked
: properly containing both data1=SPX and data2=NYSE adv.issues, saving
: it under another name, and modifying that.  But it disturbs me that
: I now cannot create a fresh workspace like this from scratch.
:
: --
:   ,|___    Alex Matulich -- alex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
:  // +__>   Director of Research and Development
:  //  \
:  //___)    Unicorn Research Corporation -- http://unicorn.us.com
:
: