Re: GIF files

>just the ability to graphically alter what we get and then
> send it back.

If I understand the question, you are looking for a program that will let
you alter and mark up charts after you save them as pictures.  I do this all
the time using Photoshop.  Photoshop is way more powerful than you need, but
it is very reliable and easy to use, once you get used to it.  Some find the
learning curve a little steep, but if you can get someone to show you the
ropes, it is a breeze.  And for what you are doing, you would need to learn
only a tiny fraction of its functionality.

The drawback is price--Photoshop is not a cheap program.  But the "LE"
version would do all you want and is packaged free with many scanners.  Lots
of people have a copy they have never installed that they might give you.

One of the satisfying things you can do is crop off the stupid Omega
advertisement at the bottom of picture.  Even Microsoft doesn't do that when
you print charts from Excel.

--Chris Slaybaugh