Slope of Weekly EMA in daily Signal?

I want to use weekly 13 period EMA in a signal which is predominantly based
on buying pullbacks on daily data. In essence, I want to determine trend
direction
& strength before buying this pull back. I want to achieve this by looking
at the direction
of 13 weekly EMA & also , if possible, to code its ? slope for the strength
of the trend.

I have tried this & signal verifies ok but I am not getting any trades.  I
appear to be doing
something basic wrong but don't know what. I have tried this code with both
daily & weekly
charts of the symbol in sub-graph 1, but no success. Help please!

If MarketPosition = 0 Then Begin
    If DataCompression = 3 Then Begin
        If (XAverage( Close, 13 )> XAverage( Close, 13 )[1]
                  And XAverage( Close, 13 )[1] > XAverage( Close, 13 )[2])
Then Begin
               If DataCompression = 2 Then Begin
                   If  {********Now the daily oversold signals******}
                       Then Begin
                     Buy ( "Buy" )  at High Stop;
                   end;
              end;
        end;
   end;
end;

{Also am I making this determination of trend much more complicated than it
should be?

Regards

Sam