Re[2]: Oddball system performance and "tick inflation"

  • To: "Jim Bronke" <jvbronke@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re[2]: Oddball system performance and "tick inflation"
  • From: Jim Johnson <jejohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 06:45:02 -0800

Hello Jim,

thank you that post.  I've have had this knowing feeling that the
conversion to decimal has changed market internals.  I have been
particularly suspect of Tick.  It stands to reason that if the bar for
an uptick in price goes from 1/16 or 1/8 to 1- cents, it is easier for
a stock to uptick and therefore more positive ticks are registered
(and the reverse of course.).  In my own mind I call this "tick
inflation".

--
Best regards,
 Jim                            mailto:jejohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx