Re: dual processor CPU's and TS 6.0

  • To: "Mark J. Krisburg" <krisburg@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: dual processor CPU's and TS 6.0
  • From: "Jim Bronke" <jvbronke@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 09:43:28 -0800

Mark,

I did a review of my CPU usage during different phases of the market day. My
dual Pentium 500Mhz processors average 11-50% during normal times with
perhaps 80 charts running with strategies running. Since no real
calculations are being done then(unless I have "update on every tick"
selected) there is not much in the way of demands on the system. The times
when you have to be concerned are at the end of the bars when you strategies
are recalculated. At that point the usage is between 17 and 74%. It peaks
only briefly and averages around 35% at that time(I am currently using one
hour bars). Hope that helps.

Jim Bronke
Phoenix, AZ