Re[2]: TS vs. Internet Connectivity

Hello cwest,

cjn> FWIW, ping won't identify data delivery outages from TRAD. Everything is
cjn> still up. TRADS servers, routers, any hops etc., As far as I can tell, the

I will remind you of my situation.  I was in a position,  everything
was working well, quotes were coming in, everything is honkidori.
Or so I thought!!  My strategy says exit, I submit the order thru
their order bar.  NOTHING!!  My panic mode is call immediately, which
I did, only to be casually be informed with "oh yes, we know about the
problem."   It took over 5 minutes to exit that position.

Would that have happened elsewhere?  I can tell you that at
CyberTrader, I would have long ago been ALERTED about a failure
somewhere in the system.   My procedure is to close my position(s)
whenever hardware/software problems of this type happen.   With
CyberTrader you at least get a warning about what going on.

I am repeating this message because I hope that the TradeStation people will
take care of this.    TS6 has a Message Center Alert window.  I have
never gotten a warning of any kind!  Never.

--
Best regards,
 Ernie                            mailto:ebonugli@xxxxxxxx