Re: reducing the noise of several PCs

Dear Group,

I have run up to 3 PCs simultaneously for trading for many years (now: #1 for
DynaStore + Quote.com & #2 for TS4).  At first, I had a keyboard and mouse for
each PC, and from the standpoint of desktop space dedication, while the multiple
mice were an inconvenience, the multiple keyboards were a nuisance.  I bought a
4-PC switching adapter at a local electronics store for $15-20 --- I have seen
them since on eBay for $5-10 --- and hooked up one keyboard and one mouse to the
adapter, cabled the adapter to each PC, and put the adapter between two monitors
on my desktop.  What I discovered was that it worked great for me regarding the
keyboards, but not so great re the mice, so I went back to using separate mice
with the common keyboard, which I have to switch manually between the 2 PCs.
I've never used a switch made by KVM, although I've heard good reports about
them, although my experience was that they cost multiple amounts more than the
simple switch box I bought.

Sincerely,

Richard