[EquisMetaStock Group] Lengthy Download

  • Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 19:17:55 -0000
  • From: "rickbw" <rickbw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [EquisMetaStock Group] Lengthy Download

Currently my laptop is taking 2+ hours to download my daily price updates.  The number of symbols is around 10,000 and what seems to be taking the most time is the portion of the update called "Building Collection Report" (last part of the process).  I have attempted to turn off Norton Antivirus to see if that was slowing the process and it does not seem to have any effect.

My system follwos:

Windows Vista
Intel Core 2 Solo Processor (1.4 GHz, 800 MHZ)
4GB Memory
250 GB HDD with about 120 GB free.

Should it take this long?  Any ideas if it shouldn't on how I can improve the time?  It is frustrateing waiting this long each evening :(

Rick

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: