Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Need help with directional movement formula

Thanks Thomas! I'll test this code.

Regards,
Gelo

2009/9/28 thomas12ng <thomas12ng@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Gelo Gelo <gelobr@xxx> wrote:

> Good night for everyone,
>
> I need some help with directional movement (DI+ e DI-) formula. I'm trying
> to code a trading system and I don't know how to code DI+ e DI- with 13
> periods.
> I'm trying to do a system that have the following parameters to show me the
> trend:
>
> Up Trend: DI+(13) above DI-(13)
> Down Trend; DI-(13) above DI+(13)
>
> If someone could help me, I'll be very grateful.
>
> Regards
> Gelo

up:=PDI(13)>MDI(13);

down:=MDI(13)>PDI(13);

if you want something like the early trend alert cross(up,down)

if you want to use them as signal IMO you can check one of example coding

if( barssince(up)><barssince(down),1,0)----just play with this arrangement;
state>ref(state,-1)