Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Backtesting bugs

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Charles Brockman" <cmbrockman@xxx> wrote:

> trader3cnd wrote:
> > How long does it take to produce results with your program? I would
> > guess it is a function of the indicator numbers you use.
>
> The time for each solution is measured in minutes. It depends on the speed
> of your computer, the amount of price/volume data to be analyzed and whether
> you are searching for a system of long trades only, short trades only or
> both long and short trades.

Great! That is fast. How many rules are included in the system? I guess that there are some seed rules and it builds upon them.

> > Can you give an example?
>
> The best example is to try it with your own data and configuration. Install
> the free trial version and give it a whirl.
> (http://www.gssta.com/download.php)
>
> By the way to address your first concerns, when I generate some buy and sell
> rules in GSSTA and then plug them into MetaStock I see differences in the
> two results on the order of two or three tenths of a percent.

Which MS version do you have? I think the author of that paper is talking about an older version used in the late 1990s and into early the early part of this decade. Someone I talked to told me that was probably v7 or v8. They have probably fixed the bugs since then.

> --
> Charles

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional