Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Error Message

Paul,

Youmay have gone over the 255 file limit to one directory.

It is not a limit on the data.

Because most softwares run happily on the old 255 limit most data
suppliers do it that way or offer both 20000 file limit data and a
255 file limit data.

The best bet is to move expired or dead Items  to another historical
directory or delete them.

If you have Aussie stocks you will find the "a" and "c" directories
run over 255 so to get around that create AN A1, A2, OR C1 DIRECTORY.

A good software service should that for you automatically.

Regards
David Hunt
http://www.adest.com.au

On 28/12/2006 11:28:22 AM, Paul (paulhansen@xxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
 > Hi everyone,
 >
 > I have been getting the following error message when I try to open up my
 > ASZ
 > folder
 >
 > " Attempted to add to many securities"
 >
 > My data provided says that I have gone over the amount of data I can have
 > in
 > 1 folder within Metstaock. If
 > that's true, How can I overcome this so it
 > doesn't happen again??
 >
 > Now I back to having to download 10 years of data and not the 10 years 5
 > months worth that I had last week.
 >
 > Any comments anyone??

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional