[EquisMetaStock Group] How to determine the trend by peak and trough?

Generally speaking, uptrend is defined by higher top with higher
bottom, and downtrend is defined by lower top with lower bottom.
Does anyone know how to determine the trend in this case?
In an existing uptrend, price turns down and breaks previous bottom. In
this case, can I say that the trend has changed to downtrend? because
the lower bottom is existed at this moment, even through the lower top
does not exist. Or should I wait for the next coming lower top before
confirming the downtrend?
Does anyone have any suggestion?
Thank you in advance
Eric