Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Inside()

Jose,

Sorry to offend your intellect.  But I interpreted Inside() to be today,
the -1 to mean yesterday and -2 to mean the day before.  Obviously by
your response I was just plainly and stupidly wrong.  I got the code
from Guppy's site where it was titled:  Three Inside Days.

++++

*Three inside Days*

Inside days suggest a volatility compression and often preceded strong
breakouts. Search returns 1 for ok and 0 for not ok

    * Inside()
    * Inside()-1
    * Inside()-2

+++++

Come on Jose, let out a little rope.

Dan

Jose Silva wrote:

> Dan, your own code 0-1 and 0-2, and you ask what -1
> and -2 means? C'mon...
>
> The purest way to code an inside condition:
> H<Ref(H,-1) AND L>Ref(L,-1)
>
> jose '-)
> http://www.metastocktools.com <http://www.metastocktools.com>
>
> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:equismetastock%40yahoogroups.com>, Dan
> <dann.c@xxx> wrote:
> >
> > I do not understand (***) this from Equis:
> >
> > Inside
> > Syntax inside()
> >
> > This will return a +1 whenever an inside day occurs.
> > ***It will continue to return this same value until
> > either a Rally, Reaction, or an Outside day
> > occur.*** At any time where Inside() is not equal
> > to +1, it will be equal to 0.
> >
> > Now: If I run the following:
> >
> > Inside(), col a
> > Inside()-1, col b
> > Inside()-2, col c
> >
> > the exploration always returns 0 (zero) or 1 in
> > column a, 0 or -1.0 in column b, and in Col c, -1
> > or -2.
> >

> > Questions:
> > a) what does -1 and -2 mean?
> > b) why am I not getting an inside day for today and
> > yesterday, and the day before?
> > c) is there a better way to do this?
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Dan