[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Inside()

Dan, no offense taken.  However, if I did have a measurable
intellect... ;)

The Guppy site has an extensive collection of formula, but it is akin
to a junkyard in that there is a lot of useless code there.

The easiest way to look for three inside days in a row, would be:
 Sum(Inside(),3)=3

jose '-)
http://www.metastocktools.com

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Dan C <dann.c@xxx> wrote:

> Jose,
>
> Sorry to offend your intellect.  But I interpreted Inside() to be
> today, the -1 to mean yesterday and -2 to mean the day before.
> Obviously by your response I was just plainly and stupidly wrong.
> I got the code from Guppy's site where it was titled:
> Three Inside Days.
>
> ++++
>
> *Three inside Days*
>
> Inside days suggest a volatility compression and often preceded
> strong breakouts. Search returns 1 for ok and 0 for not ok
>
>     * Inside()
>     * Inside()-1
>     * Inside()-2
>
> +++++
>
> Come on Jose, let out a little rope.
>
> Dan
>

> Jose Silva wrote:
>
> Dan, your own code 0-1 and 0-2, and you ask what -1
> and -2 means? C'mon...
>
> The purest way to code an inside condition:
> H<Ref(H,-1) AND L>Ref(L,-1)
>

> jose '-)
> http://www.metastocktools.com
>

> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:equismetastock%40yahoogroups.com>, Dan <dann.c@> wrote:
>
> I do not understand (***) this from Equis:
>
> Inside
> Syntax inside()
>
> This will return a +1 whenever an inside day occurs.
> ***It will continue to return this same value until
> either a Rally, Reaction, or an Outside day
> occur.*** At any time where Inside() is not equal
> to +1, it will be equal to 0.
>
> Now: If I run the following:
>
> Inside(), col a
> Inside()-1, col b
> Inside()-2, col c
>
> the exploration always returns 0 (zero) or 1 in
> column a, 0 or -1.0 in column b, and in Col c, -1
> or -2.
>

> Questions:
> a) what does -1 and -2 mean?
> b) why am I not getting an inside day for today and yesterday,
>    and the day before?
> c) is there a better way to do this?
>
> Regards,
>
> Dan