Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Support & Resistance levels

Dear Jose,

I plotted trendline-date range indicator. It works fine on arithmatic charts , but does not draw straight line on semi-log scale.
Will you do a favour to provide a code which allows a user to choose price scale. I hope you will be kind enough to reply.

With respect,
Dr.Khalid Masood

Jose Silva <josesilva22@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:    Chorlton, if the code is too complicated for your level of MetaStock
 expertise, you'd be better off employing the services of a
 professional programmer.  This would allow you to concentrate on your
 trading strategy rather than the coding's "nuts & bolts".

 In the meantime, below is a trendline indicator with user-definable
 dates.

 MetaStock -> Tools -> Indicator Builder -> New
 Copy and paste formula below.

 ======================
 Trendline - date range
 ======================
 ---8<--------------------------

 { Trendline - date range v3.0

 �Copyright 2002~2006 Jose Silva.
  For personal use only.
  All code remains the property of Jose Silva.
  http://www.metastocktools.com }

 { Dates user input }
 StDay:=Input("start Day",1,31,1);
 StMnth:=Input("start Month",1,12,1);
 StYear:=Input("start Year",1800,2200,2006);
 EnDay:=Input("end Day",1,31,1);
 EnMnth:=Input("end Month",1,12,6);
 EnYear:=Input("end Year",1800,2200,2006);

 { Selected date periods }
 start:=Year()>StYear
  OR (Year()=StYear AND (Month()>StMnth
  OR Month()=StMnth AND DayOfMonth()>=StDay));
 end:=Year()<EnYear
  OR (Year()=EnYear AND (Month()<EnMnth
  OR Month()=EnMnth AND DayOfMonth()<=EnDay));

 { Date signals }
 date1:=start AND Alert(start=0,2);
 date2:=end=0 AND Alert(end,2);
 date2:=Zig(end AND Cum(1)>1,1,$)=1;

 { Restrict out of range dates to chart }
 date1:=If(LastValue(Cum(date1))>0,date1,
  Cum(1)=1);
 date2:=If(LastValue(Cum(date2))>0,date2,
  LastValue(Cum(1))=Cum(1));

 { Sort dates in chronological order }
 dateOk:=LastValue(BarsSince(date1))
  >LastValue(BarsSince(date2));
 day1:=If(dateOk,date1,date2);
 day2:=If(dateOk,date2,date1);

 { Data Array type, levels }
 dataArray:=C;
 price1:=ValueWhen(1,day1,dataArray);
 price2:=LastValue(ValueWhen(1,day2,dataArray));

 { Trendline definition }
 x1:=LastValue(BarsSince(day1));
 x2:=LastValue(BarsSince(day2));
 trendline:=price1
  +BarsSince(day1)*(price2-price1)
  /Max(x1-x2,.000001);

 { Rem next line to extend plot to end of chart }
 {trendline:=Ref(Ref(trendline,-x2),x2)};

 { Plot on price chart }
 trendline

 ---8<--------------------------

 jose '-)
 http://www.metastocktools.com

 --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "chorlton_c_hardy"
 <micro_dot_uk@xxx> wrote:

 > Hi Jose,
 >
 > Firstly, Thanks for the reply & the link.
 >
 > I've taken a look but the indicators there seem a bit more
 > complicated than what I'm after. As my programming skills aren't the
 > best, ideally, I would like to just start off small with regard to
 > programming the indicator and then build on it in the future.
 >
 > Consequently, would it be possible for you to tell me how I could
 > simple enter 2 previous dates and then plot a line across my chart
 > which goes through both the closes for those days but which would
 > also extend up to todays date?
 >
 > Is this quite complicated or is it relatively straight forward?
 >
 > Any help much appreciated,
 >
 > Chorlton
 >

 > --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jose Silva"
 > <josesilva22@> wrote:
 >
 > Chorlton, you will need to first code and then reference your
 > trendline for your exploration.
 >
 > You'll find some examples of coded trendlines at
 > http://www.metastocktools.com/#metastock
 >
 > "2-point plot" - coding example of 2-point, x/y line plot - useful
 > for creating automatic chart trendlines.
 >
 > "LinReg Trendline v4" -  Linear Regression Trendline with Standard
 > Deviation/Error Channels/Bands, date-adjustable.
 >
 > "TrendLine" - adjustable automatic trendline.
 >
 > "TrendLine-dates" - date-adjustable chart trendline.
 >
 > "Benchmark trendline" - plots a performance benchmark trendline
 > based on a fixed % yearly growth rate - with several user inputs.
 >

 > jose '-)
 > http://www.metastocktools.com

                                                    Business finance course                                       Business to business finance                                       Small business finance                                                                     Business finance consultant                                       Business finance magazine                                       Business finance schools

http://us.click.yahoo.com/AHchtC/4FxNAA/yQLSAA/BefplB/TM