[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Support & Resistance levels

Jose,

Thanks very much for your reply/comments. Ultimately, I do want to
learn the language though so I can program my own code in the future.

At the moment though my MS manual is in storage which means I keep
having to refer to the online help for assistance. However, after
reading through the code below (and the code for the various other
indicators on your site) I am slowly beginning to understand the
different commands. Together with the online help I should be able to
understand what part does what!!

Once again, thanks for your time and advice.......

All the best,

Chorlton

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jose Silva" <josesilva22@xxx>
wrote:

> Chorlton, if the code is too complicated for your level of
MetaStock
> [...]
> EnDay:=Input("end Day",1,31,1);
> EnMnth:=Input("end Month",1,12,6);
> EnYear:=Input("end Year",1800,2200,2006);
>
> { Selected date periods }
> start:=Year()>StYear
>  OR (Year()=StYear AND (Month()>StMnth
>  OR Month()=StMnth AND DayOfMonth()>=StDay));
> end:=Year()<EnYear
>  OR (Year()=EnYear AND (Month()<EnMnth
>  OR Month()=EnMnth AND DayOfMonth()<=EnDay));
>
> { Date signals }
> date1:=start AND Alert(start=0,2);
> date2:=end=0 AND Alert(end,2);
> date2:=Zig(end AND Cum(1)>1,1,$)=1;
>
> { Restrict out of range dates to chart }
> date1:=If(LastValue(Cum(date1))>0,date1,
>  Cum(1)=1);
> date2:=If(LastValue(Cum(date2))>0,date2,
>  LastValue(Cum(1))=Cum(1));
>
> { Sort dates in chronological order }
> dateOk:=LastValue(BarsSince(date1))
>  >LastValue(BarsSince(date2));
> day1:=If(dateOk,date1,date2);
> day2:=If(dateOk,date2,date1);
>
> { Data Array type, levels }
> dataArray:=C;
> price1:=ValueWhen(1,day1,dataArray);
> price2:=LastValue(ValueWhen(1,day2,dataArray));
>
> { Trendline definition }
> x1:=LastValue(BarsSince(day1));
> x2:=LastValue(BarsSince(day2));
> trendline:=price1
>  +BarsSince(day1)*(price2-price1)
>  /Max(x1-x2,.000001);
>
> { Rem next line to extend plot to end of chart }
> {trendline:=Ref(Ref(trendline,-x2),x2)};
>
> { Plot on price chart }
> trendline
>
> ---8<--------------------------
>

> jose '-)
> http://www.metastocktools.com
>

> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "chorlton_c_hardy"
> <micro_dot_uk@> wrote:
> >

> > Hi Jose,
> >
> > Firstly, Thanks for the reply & the link.
> >
> > I've taken a look but the indicators there seem a bit more
> > complicated than what I'm after. As my programming skills aren't
the
> > best, ideally, I would like to just start off small with regard
> > programming the indicator and then build on it in the future.
> >
> > Consequently, would it be possible for you to tell me how I could
> > simple enter 2 previous dates and then plot a line across my
chart
> > which goes through both the closes for those days but which would
> > also extend up to todays date?
> >
> > Is this quite complicated or is it relatively straight forward?
> >
> > Any help much appreciated,
> >
> > Chorlton
> >

> > --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jose Silva"
> > <josesilva22@> wrote:
> >
> > Chorlton, you will need to first code and then reference your
> > trendline for your exploration.
> >
> > You'll find some examples of coded trendlines at
> > http://www.metastocktools.com/#metastock
> >
> > "2-point plot" - coding example of 2-point, x/y line plot -
useful
> > for creating automatic chart trendlines.
> >
> > "LinReg Trendline v4" -  Linear Regression Trendline with
Standard

http://us.click.yahoo.com/.7bhrC/MGxNAA/yQLSAA/BefplB/TM