Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Daytrading Dow30 with CFDs. Strategies?

Bev, If there is always a 4 point spread in the Dow Futures, then that is your commission. $5 per point x 4 = $20 per contract which is higher then a normal futures account which charges $5 per contract or less while using the actual real live spread of the markets. Does not look like your really getting Free Commissions as advertised.

bev lover <m9a1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:    Hello all,

 I have just opened up a CFD trading account to take
 advantage of commission free trading on the major
 indices.  Concentrating on the DOW for now.   There is
 a constant 4 point spread on the bid ask through CMC
 Markets.

 I was wondering if anyone here is trading the DOW
 intraday and if they would mind sharing their
 experiences with me privately or on the board.

 I am currently looking at the 15 minute chart and the
 5 minute chart, with MA's of 3,5,8,10 12 on the 15 and
 5,10,20 on the 5 min chart.

 Using the Elder Ray, RSI, and MACD as my indicators.
 No volume available.

 I trade breakouts above or below the first bar of the
 day and try to gauge the longevity of the run using
 the MA's and indicators.

 But I find that I am still guessing too much.  And the
 index seems to swing pretty wildly compared to stocks.
  It just feels different and I get uncertain about how
 far to let a trade turn against me before selling for
 a profit or loss.

 I have always been more of a swing trader but looking
 for strategies to daytrade the dow and take advantage
 of the leverage and lack of commissions here.   Can't
 hold overnight as interest is charged despite your
 cash balance.

 Any advice appreciated.

                                                    Business finance course                                       Business to business finance                                       Small business finance                                                                     Business finance consultant                                       Business finance magazine                                       Business finance schools

http://us.click.yahoo.com/_7bhrC/NGxNAA/yQLSAA/BefplB/TM