[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: bonus adjustments for indian stocks

Hi EquitySolver,

Actually the ITC bonus ratio is 1:2 (I checked at the NSE site).

1) Adjusting for bonus:

a)First obtain split ratio. The formula is : if bonus ratio is A:B,
split ratio is A+B:B. Here A=1 and B=2. Therefore split ratio is
(1+2):2= 3:2.

Now follow the procedure for adjusting for a split of 3:2.

2) Adjusting for split:

a) Start the Downloader for Windows. Click the File Menu and open the
stock you want to adjust the data for. (Alternatively, open the chart
in Metastock, right click on a price bar and choose "Edit data". This
will open the datasheet in downloader.)

b)Select the Adjust menu and then click on Split. (Or right click
within the datasheet and choose "split").

c)On clicking split, the split dialogue box will open.
i)First Date:  This is first date in the datasheet. I suggest that
you change the date to that of the first loaded bar in the chart (at
the extreme left side).
ii)Last Date: This is the day before the security's price changed or
the last date BEFORE the split (ie the date before ex date.) In case
of ITC the last date is 09/20/2005, that is, 20 Sep 2005.
iii)Ratio: The SPLIT ratio. In case of ITC the obtained ratio is 3
for 2.

d) Click OK to perform the split operation.

e) Now perform another split operation for 10:1. Close the datasheet.
Save changes to ITC.

You can adjust for split first (10:1) and then for bonus (3:2), or
vice versa . The end result will be the same.

The Downloader is supposed to automatically detect the split ratio.
But it can be wrong. So always check the detected ratio
for correctness.

As I have said before I came to know about this procedure from
another group (bse-nse2005).

Regards,

Debraj