Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] How can I draw a Verical Line

One small  addition. I think the plot style for the vertical line needs to
be a histogram.

elnaseer dina wrote:
 cite="">
  I knew that this is what you wanted. I tried doing it but it was way
above my head, so I will wish you good luck!!

  Al

  Sukhen K Mitra <sukhen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

    Thank you, Al - exactly, thatswhat I need.

    Preston, many thanks. I am trying to use your tips. Please suggest
anything after Al explained it - it's more clear.

    Good luck to all and Happy Days

    Sukhen

    elnaseer dina <zebra7860@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

      I think, although I could be wrong, that what Sukhen wants to
do is create a "time line indicator" just like what MS has for Fibonacci
time lines. In other words, place your cursor on a high or low and then it
will draw lines according to some sequence other than fibonacci numbers of
3,5,8,13, etc on future upcoming bars.

      I could be wrong but it seems that this is what he might be attempting
to do.

      Al

      pumrysh <no_reply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 >Suhken,

Here's a quick idea of how it could be done in Metastock.

In the indicator builder you would write a custom formula and lets
call it MACD Signal. We are going to write a formula that signals the
cross of the MACD above zero. Our formula would simply be:

{MACD Signal}
cross(MACD(),0)

This indicator is then laid onto a chart window of either a price
plot or incicator. It is overlayed without scale...the other options
would have been to scale with the chart or to merge. We choose
without scale because the ouput generated by the signal would be 1
when the signal occurs.

What you will see on the chart is a vertical line where the MACD()
cross over zero occurs. It would only appear in the window it resides
in, be it price or indicator.

If you want to program a date or time you would first need to  define
that event. Roy and Jose have already done a considerable amount of
work in that area and you might want to check their work for some
ideas. For Fibonacci's, I'm sure Dusant can help you. What you will
need is to define the event.

Preston

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Sukhen K Mitra <sukhen@xxxx>

wrote:
> Hi Preston,
> Many thanks for your help. My point is the second one. I am sorry
that I forgot to clearly state that. I am trying to draw vertical
lines programatically. Suppose I calculate the datetime (I don't know
that also how I can calculate datetime with the help of MetaStock
language but I am sure there'd a way, would appreciate any help in
that aspect also, was also thinking if a system call could be
implemented using an external C/any other program if not directly
supported by MetaStock Formula language). But before going in to
those kind of complexities, my first basic  question was if a vertcal
line could be drawn programatically at all and if so, how. Let me
explain a little more - if you get in to Visual Trading software of
CMS-forex.com, you'll see a Fibonacci can be drawn along the X-axis
(datetime for us). I was trying to work in that line (something
similar but not exactly the same).

<lissen@xxxx>
> > wrote:
> > > Its in the manual