Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] displacement of moving average

The Ref() function will do it when the signal being advanced or delayed is in the same timeframe as
the chart it's plotted on (daily EMA on daily chart, hourly EMA on hourly chart). Displacing a daily
EMA on an hourly chart is a little more difficult but it can be done.

Then there is the problem of terminology. By the ambiguous term of "24 hours ahead" do you mean
delayed or advanced (sampling only past data or sampling some past and some future data). If you're
using future data then the last 24 hours of the plot will be invalid and quite useless.

Roy

> I just came across a simple theory by an author which involves the use of two exponential moving
averages but one that is displaced 24 hours ahead.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/BefplB/TM