[Metastockusers] Re: yahoo's data to metastock?

Lionel:

On 24 May 2004 18:01:49 -0000, you wrote:

>>can we download Yahoo data without having the security symbols already
>>listed in a folder?

I don't think that it is necessary to have the symbol already listed,
from what I remember. Yahoo lets you download in ASCII format. Just
download to any directory on your computer. Then use the Downloader to
perform the Convert. It will ask for the directory you want to put the
Metastock converted file in, and it will also ask for a file
name/symbol. Then the Downloader does the conversion, and creates a
Master/EMaster as required for the appropriate directory. I think then
you have to manually fix the name of the stock.

Download a stock, select a directory which does NOT include any
Metastock data (that you might mess up), and try it. Once you think
you have it converted, then open it in the Downloader to look at the
data, or open in Metastock.

Harry

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/zMEolB/TM