From: "Harry M. Ward" <<A
href=""><FONT face=Verdana
size=2>hmw3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <<A
href=""><FONT face=Verdana
size=2>Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<FONT face=Verdana
size=2>>
Sent: Tuesday, May 25, 2004 9:21 AM
Subject: [Metastockusers] Re: yahoo's data to
metastock?
<FONT face=Verdana
size=2>> Lionel:> > On 24 May 2004 18:01:49 -0000, you
wrote:> > > >>can we download Yahoo data without
having the security symbols already> >>listed in a folder?>
> I don't think that it is necessary to have the symbol already
listed,> from what I remember. Yahoo lets you download in ASCII format.
Just> download to any directory on your computer. Then use the Downloader
to> perform the Convert. It will ask for the directory you want to put
the> Metastock converted file in, and it will also ask for a file>
name/symbol. Then the Downloader does the conversion, and creates a>
Master/EMaster as required for the appropriate directory. I think then>
you have to manually fix the name of the stock.> > Download a
stock, select a directory which does NOT include any> Metastock data
(that you might mess up), and try it. Once you think> you have it
converted, then open it in the Downloader to look at the> data, or open
in Metastock.> > Harry> > > >
> Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.> Now
with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!> <A
href=""><FONT
face=Verdana
size=2>http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/zMEolB/TM<FONT
face=Verdana size=2>>
an email to:>      <A
href=""><FONT face=Verdana
size=2>Metastockusers-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<FONT
face=Verdana size=2>> > <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject
to:>      <A
href=""><FONT face=Verdana
size=2>http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/<FONT face=Verdana
size=2>>  > >