Re: metastock-digest V1 #1488

Steve,
I've been reading with interest your discussions about memory for
W95/98/ME/w2k/xp.
Why not spend 19-30 bucks and go get another 256mem of memory ?
I'm running w2k server at home and not having anything close to memory problems
and I have 392mem on this machine. on a XP test machine (laptop) I have
256meg and it runs fine.
I would suggest staying with w2k or xp as they have operating systems to
really utilize the memory and hardware. But put the latest security updates
both on the OS and your browser.
Also use NTFS for the file system and take backups( you don't want to
recreate your data, indicators and scans).
  If running a dsl, I suggest getting some kind of personal firewall.
Blackice is good and there are a couple of others. Don't forget a virus
scanner also.
Sorry for the over concern for security but I've been involved in
correcting to many virus attacks and cannot stress that part enough.