Re: Update for "14-bar decline"

Stephen, I was merely replying to your request for a simple formula to
do what you specified.

I use a methodology that gives a trade signal on a price reversal.

If you want to build a trading system from the basic premise of a
reversal, may I suggest that you re-visit the 14 day period
and then place this condition in an environment where it will
work on 60 % of the trades. From there, you can develop the
exit requirements that will enhance the profitability of the method.

Substitute the 14 day period with a period that more accurately
reflects the "trade cycle of the type of issues you wish to trade.
When Steve Karnish posted his BB Oscillator, it was exactly
what I needed to define an environment where price was likely
to turn up.  An example would be for this oscillator to be greater
than 10.  Then place a filter that will suggest a continuation of
the reversal, if it is an actual reversal.

Many thanks to Steve Karnish for posting the bollinger band
oscillator formula:
((C+2*Std(C,20)-Mov(C,20,S))/(4*(Std(C,20)))*100)

An added advantage to this methodology is that it will encourage
one to be a mechanical trader (which I was not) and ease the
pressure of making a trade decision--it becomes objective rather
than subjective.  Hope this helps to build your trade system.

Al Taglavore