From: owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of stephen bell
Sent: Monday, November 12, 2001 05:39
To: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Update for "14-bar decline"

Nov 12 2001:
See the below note.  Al Taglavore kindly supplied the following code:

C>=LLV(H,14)+(ATR(14))

{
"This would give you the result of a close being >= the lowest low value
of
the High for the past 14 days plus one average true range value for the
14
day period."  Al Taglavore }

The code works fine, and the result goes "true=1= breakout " at the end
of the decline.  This method seems rather weak, though, since it gives
many false signals if the market is in a whipsaw mood.  The intent was
to use the code with the MS explorer to alert us to stocks that are
coming out of a bear decline.

Any ideas to improve on Als' method would be most welcome!
Steve Bell