Re: Formula help

Bruce:

I posted the following customizable RSI to the list a couple
years ago:

Below is the code for an RSI where you can customize the
number of periods (perhaps to increase or decrease as
volatility changes) and the price array (perhaps to a moving
average of the close).  Although I have not tested it
thoroughly, when I use similar parameters, it matches the
standard MetaStock RSI function.

Note that the parameters used in the example below have
no value as an indicator; they're just for illustration.

RSIPeriod:= Int(14 / (Stdev(CLOSE,10)/Stdev(CLOSE,5)));
RSIDataArray:= Mov(CLOSE,25,SIMPLE);

U:= Wilders(If(ROC(RSIDataArray,1,$)>0,
      ROC(RSIDataArray,1,$), 0),
      LastValue(RSIPeriod));