A huge amount of work-in-process

  • Subject: A huge amount of work-in-process
  • From: dennis-dill <dennis-dill@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 14:36:40 -0800

These executives were spared enormous embarrassment due to the execution of this concept into a totally automated, high speed, in-line testing reality two months from onset of the problem.  Testing capacity in my division alone was quickly brought up to 2 million units per month.  The IBDC test was adapted by other discrete divisions at Motorola after implementation in Power Transistors and was classified as a Motorola trade secret due to what was clearly a manufacturing competitive edge.  Although I originated this particular test circuit design, I shared ownership of the accomplishment with two very good engineers who were instrumental in its implementation.