Re: Newbes, mechanical systems, expectancy, etc.

Hi,

Calculating return in reference to initiasl margin just does not make sense:
you are extremely likely to have an intraday margin call. And doing that you
are obviously overleverage and we know how it always ends.
In my opinion, the initial margin is something irrelevant to determine the
leverage but if you really want to use it a margin/equity ratio of 20% is
usually considered acceptable but individual traders very often are leveraged
up to 50%

Jean Jacques
www.alterama.com