Newbes and trading systems

Hi everyone

I always enjoy a bit of implied aggression on the list. "I will rip
your tongue out." Mark was being a bit tongue in cheek.

Anyway as trading systems go, he is quite correct in stating that very
few mechanical systems really work. e.g. only one of the MS experts work
without discretion. I hope this frightens the shit out of some of you. I
mean if they all worked, we would not need this forum.

As for Steve Karnish, I believe he is a very clued up trader. His
version of Bollinger bands is successful.

Actually, I should have kept this to myself, as most of the traders who
have passed the holy grail stage do. BTW do yourself a favour and get
Van Tharp's book. Here he quite clearly states that it is system
expectancy that counts and not what looks right on a chart.

Enough for now, cheers

Erich