Re: Do Mechanical Systems Work?

http://www.BlackthorneCapital.com

I agree...........mechanical trading systems can and do work !!!!    I am successfully trading the U K market,  using a simple mechanical system to get in and out, which has the effect of stopping one getting "burnt" when the market goes against you.   However, if I feel that profits need to be taken before a turndown, then I am happy to take the profit, and leave some for the next guy.

This has taken me a number of years to discipline myself to allow the system to dictate, instead of the dreaded "live in hope" sydrome, after allowing a stock to fall before getting out, which is the main problem anyone dealing in stocks seems to have.

So yes Mechanical DO WORK, but remember to follow it to the letter !!!!

Best wishes

John