hello, i must be going (to the big city)

Mark,

I'm interested in how much time you have "invested"
in your quest for the grail?  10, 100, 10000, or 100000 hours?  And, I
believe you are partially right: "the Holy Grail does not exist".  There is
not a Holy Grail...there are many Holy Grails.

Many traders put "blinders" on and are looking for
the "cup" that matches their imaginary illusion.  The grail can be as
inconspicuous as a styrofoam, 6 oz. coffee cup...with lipstick stains.

I've seen the "grail" in many hands of people
that spent all their time praying for it's delivery/arrival...only to be tossed
aside for hundreds of silly reasons.  Very few successful mechanical
traders are willing to share their work.  I can understand
why.

Efforts to educate individuals is often met with
negative prejudices about the markets, indicators or style.  When an
individual embraces a successful approach, many times they toss out common
sense (money management principals) because they are overcome by
greed.

I have tested thousands of mechanical systems,
and I guess I must admit that very few mechanical systems work.  But,
very few things will start my car.  If I try starting it
with a rock or a chunk of wood...it's not successful.  I could try to start
it with thousands of instruments...to no avail.  On the other hand, give me
a bag of keys and a couple thousand hours and I will assure you I can get that
thing to turn over.

Mechanical systems start with sensitive
and reliable indicators.  They then need to be framed by a set of rules
that objectively trigger trades. And finally, it all needs to be wrapped in
a neat package that addresses money management.

So, the Burger King styrofoam cup is OK by
me.  In fact, my research has turned up discrepancies about the
history of the "grail".  The biblical scholars that I talk with think that
maybe the last supper was a barbeque and the over the years, the translations
were a bit off.  They believe we should be searching for the "grill" (with
"holes") in the bottom (the prototype of today's Weber).

Take care,

Steve Karnish, CTACedar Creek Trading<A
href="http://www.cedarcreektrading.com";>http://www.cedarcreektrading.com
<BLOCKQUOTE