RE: hello, i must be going (to the big city)

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Hello,
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
If you
believe the Holy Grail exists, you will go broke.
If you
haven't already!
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Mark
Wattles

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From:
  owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On
  Behalf Of Steve KarnishSent: Tuesday, October 16, 2001 11:01
  AMTo: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: hello, i must be
  going (to the big city)
  Mark,

  I'm interested in how much time you have
  "invested" in your quest for the grail?  10, 100, 10000, or 100000
  hours?  And, I believe you are partially right: "the Holy Grail does not
  exist".  There is not a Holy Grail...there are many Holy Grails.

  Many traders put "blinders" on and are looking
  for the "cup" that matches their imaginary illusion.  The grail can be as
  inconspicuous as a styrofoam, 6 oz. coffee cup...with lipstick stains.

  I've seen the "grail" in many hands of
  people that spent all their time praying for it's delivery/arrival...only to
  be tossed aside for hundreds of silly reasons.  Very few successful
  mechanical traders are willing to share their work.  I can understand
  why.

  Efforts to educate individuals is often met with
  negative prejudices about the markets, indicators or style.  When an
  individual embraces a successful approach, many times they toss out
  common sense (money management principals) because they are overcome by
  greed.

  I have tested thousands of mechanical
  systems, and I guess I must admit that very few mechanical
  systems work.  But, very few things will start
  my car.  If I try starting it with a rock or a chunk of
  wood...it's not successful.  I could try to start it with thousands of
  instruments...to no avail.  On the other hand, give me a bag of keys and
  a couple thousand hours and I will assure you I can get that thing to turn
  over.

  Mechanical systems start with sensitive
  and reliable indicators.  They then need to be framed by a set of rules
  that objectively trigger trades. And finally, it all needs to be wrapped
  in a neat package that addresses money management.

  So, the Burger King styrofoam cup is OK by
  me.  In fact, my research has turned up discrepancies about the
  history of the "grail".  The biblical scholars that I talk with think
  that maybe the last supper was a barbeque and the over the years, the
  translations were a bit off.  They believe we should be searching for the
  "grill" (with "holes") in the bottom (the prototype of today's Weber).

  Take care,

  Steve Karnish, CTACedar Creek Trading<A
  href="http://www.cedarcreektrading.com";>http://www.cedarcreektrading.com
  <BLOCKQUOTE