Wattles
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>PS
Very,
very, very few mechanical trading systems make money.

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From:
  owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On
  Behalf Of Herman van den BergenSent: Tuesday, October 16, 2001
  7:20 AMTo: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re: hello
  from a newbieThank you Maurice, for your introduction,
  and welcome to the list!We have quite a variety of traders on this
  list, some very good, some with 'almost' public' trading systems and others
  who sound very successful and knowledgable but who never talk about their
  systems. All in all a good bunch.Then there are many like me, who are
  still struggling to get a system to work in all markets ;-) and who once in
  awhile complain about the shortcomings of MS and suggest using a standard
  programming language to do the job (not easy). But, complains and bug reports
  are good discussions and can prevent you from wasting a lot of time.
  There are other sources for MS formulae and systems on the internet
  and you may want to browse these list archives for some of the sites:
  http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/equismetastock
  might like to
  visit:http://www.guppytraders.com/index.htmlhttp://www.cedarcreektrading.com/momenoscdef.htmhttp://www.paritech.com/education/technical/custom/default.asphttp://traderclub.com/cgi-bin/discus/show.cgi?107/107of
  course there are more sites...Take care and happy
  trading,HermanCanadaYou'll find a lot of MS expertise
  here... support@xxxxxxxxx is also helpful and generally gives prompt replies
  within a couple of days.At 05:13 PM 10/16/01 +0800, you wrote:
> [...]
  technicians,I
  am a newcomer to this list and thought it would be polite to givea brief
  self-intro. My name
  is Maurice, am 34 years old, have been into TA since1995, and am a fund
  manager in the Philippines. I currently useMetastock 6.52.I'm
  a chart pattern trader first, and an indicator guy second. I don't know
  much about the heavy math indicators and writingindicator code, but I do
  have a keen interest in market / traderpsychology and risk/money
  management approaches. I hopeto be able to some contributions to this
  list, and am sure willlearn a lot from the many fine minds present. May the
  trend be with
  you,Maurice<<<<