Re: Automating Metastock?

This was posted to this listserver about a year ago.

MS v6.52 EOD could use some improvements, such as the FIND
screen.  However, you no longer need a built-in macro feature for
MS.  You can buy them separately at TUCOWS or even get 2 free.

TUCOWS has 2 which rate 5 cows (their rating system).  Tonight I
was looking them over.  I'm not sure which is better.  Maybe
someone on this list has experience in this area and can tell us:

http://tucows.tierranet.com/macros95.html

AutoMate v4.2c, $60, is the first.  Make sure you download the
Standard Edition.  The Pro edition costs $180 and seems only have
additional VB programming support.  Only the Pro has the free
trial:
http://www.unisyn.com/

Macro Scheduler v5.4, $40, is the other.  Again, you want the
standard edition.  Their VBScript edition only costs $75.
http://www.mjtnet.com/index.mv?msched5.html

I will have to look over these 2 and decide which is the best.  I
am looking for a macro program which records my mouse moves and
keystrokes.  I would like to have a macro program which
automatically updates MS Pro charts from Excel (paste specials)
in realtime.  It looks as though AutoMate is better suited for
this.  I am going to be reviewing the MS and QP scanning
languages and I don't want to bother with an additional macro
language.  If anyone is familiar in this field, please LMK.

If you don't mind learning and using scripts, this page has 2
free script programs:
http://home.wxs.nl/~anthmaas/
ScriptIt and AutoIt.  ScriptIt is a Microsoft program and appears
to be easier to use.

Hope this helps.  Don't ask me any questions, I haven't tried any of them.

Lionel Issen
lissen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx