  To: <A title=metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="mailto:metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx";>metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Saturday, September 15, 2001 10:56
  PM
  Subject: God & War Off Topic

  <FONT face=Arial color=#008080
  size=4>Sonny
  <FONT face=Arial color=#008080
  size=4>
  I am
  sorry my questions made you angry. This is the usual reflex action. We do not
  like something, we feel anger and then we attack. Your attack on me personally
  is clear by calling me "naive and asinine", and my thoughts as "naive, college
  student like thinking".
  <FONT face=Arial color=#008080
  size=4>
  I am
  well past my college years. We live in an imperfect world. I think we need to
  give this deeper thought. Perhaps we need to take military action but I wonder
  in what manner. Perhaps this might involve a coalition with the Northern group
  in Afghanistan and take control of the country and establish a democratic
  government with NATO occupation. Then move on to other countries one by one.
  This would all have to be done with the support of the moderate Muslims and
  the rest of the world.
  <FONT face=Arial color=#008080
  size=4>
  What
  we do not want to do is polarize the Muslims to give the terrorists more
  support.
  <FONT face=Arial color=#008080
  size=4>
  <FONT face=Arial color=#008080
  size=4>neo

  <SPAN
  class=940543420-15092001><FONT face=Arial color=#008080
  size=4>
  <SPAN
  class=940543420-15092001> -----Original
  Message-----From: owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  [mailto:owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
  Sonnysark@xxxxxxxSent: Saturday, September 15, 2001 2:58
  PMTo: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re. God &
  War
  <BLOCKQUOTE
  style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #008080 2px solid"><FONT
    face=arial,helvetica>
    <BLOCKQUOTE
    style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px"
    TYPE="CITE">Throughout history groups have used God to support acts of
      violence and killing. Although I am not a biblical expert, as
      I recall, Jesus said something to the effect of 'if your enemy hits
      one cheek offer the other'. The message of Jesus was peace and love,
      that all people are God's children. Even in Jesus' last days, he took
      the torture and death without action against his tormentors. I
      am greatly grieved by the recent violence and feel anger. I am
      having trouble reconciling the words and actions of Jesus and his
      message of love with us acting out our anger with more violence and
      killing. I wonder if God's test here is what we feel and do.
      Perhaps this world is really not important. Perhaps the test is to see
      if we take this and allow it to fill us with anger and act out with
      violence and killing, or, to dissolve the anger and act with
      forgiveness, peace, and love. Any constructive thoughts would be
      appreciated. neo Neo, you asked for
    constructive thoughts on what you just wrote.  I don't think I can be
    constructive in any way that would help you, but what you wrote in so naive
    and asinine that I couldn't stop myself from writing back.  I am sorry
    ... I know this is not the forum for this, but your thinking is so
    dangerously deadly and self destructive that I have to respond.  I
    suppose if these guys were at your front door and ready to kill you, your
    family, and your neighbors you would just let them ... go ahead just turn
    your cheek.  I suppose that if these guys were to come to your door and
    raped your wife, sister, daughter, mother, and raped your ideology and way
    of life you would let them ... sure just turn your cheek.  You said
    that you were not a biblical expert, and you sure are right about that.
     Because the bible certainly allows for self defense.  I don't
    want this to become a biblical discussion, but the turn your cheek concept
    has nothing to do with this.  Neo, this response is not a personal
    attack against you, but your naive, college student like thinking is
    extremely dangerous.  I apologize to the list for my off topic input
    ... But this are very strange times that requires a very strong stance.
     Hope you all are with me and the rest of the country.
                                      -H.
    Sonny Sarkissian-