God & War Off Topic

<FONT face=Arial color=#008080
size=4>Sonny
<FONT face=Arial color=#008080
size=4>
I am
sorry my questions made you angry. This is the usual reflex action. We do not
like something, we feel anger and then we attack. Your attack on me personally
is clear by calling me "naive and asinine", and my thoughts as "naive, college
student like thinking".
<FONT face=Arial color=#008080
size=4>
I am
well past my college years. We live in an imperfect world. I think we need to
give this deeper thought. Perhaps we need to take military action but I wonder
in what manner. Perhaps this might involve a coalition with the Northern group
in Afghanistan and take control of the country and establish a democratic
government with NATO occupation. Then move on to other countries one by one.
This would all have to be done with the support of the moderate Muslims and the
rest of the world.
<FONT face=Arial color=#008080
size=4>
What
we do not want to do is polarize the Muslims to give the terrorists more
support.
<FONT face=Arial color=#008080
size=4>
<FONT face=Arial color=#008080
size=4>neo

<SPAN
class=940543420-15092001><FONT face=Arial color=#008080
size=4>
<SPAN
class=940543420-15092001> -----Original Message-----From:
owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf
Of Sonnysark@xxxxxxxSent: Saturday, September 15, 2001 2:58
PMTo: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re. God &
War
<BLOCKQUOTE
style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #008080 2px solid"><FONT
  face=arial,helvetica>
  <BLOCKQUOTE
  style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px"
  TYPE="CITE">Throughout history groups have used God to support acts of
    violence and killing. Although I am not a biblical expert, as I
    recall, Jesus said something to the effect of 'if your enemy hits one
    cheek offer the other'. The message of Jesus was peace and love, that
    all people are God's children. Even in Jesus' last days, he took the
    torture and death without action against his tormentors. I am
    greatly grieved by the recent violence and feel anger. I am having
    trouble reconciling the words and actions of Jesus and his message of
    love with us acting out our anger with more violence and killing. I
    wonder if God's test here is what we feel and do. Perhaps this world is
    really not important. Perhaps the test is to see if we take this and
    allow it to fill us with anger and act out with violence and killing,
    or, to dissolve the anger and act with forgiveness, peace, and love.
    Any constructive thoughts would be appreciated. neo
  Neo, you asked for constructive thoughts on
  what you just wrote.  I don't think I can be constructive in any way that
  would help you, but what you wrote in so naive and asinine that I couldn't
  stop myself from writing back.  I am sorry ... I know this is not the
  forum for this, but your thinking is so dangerously deadly and self
  destructive that I have to respond.  I suppose if these guys were at your
  front door and ready to kill you, your family, and your neighbors you would
  just let them ... go ahead just turn your cheek.  I suppose that if these
  guys were to come to your door and raped your wife, sister, daughter, mother,
  and raped your ideology and way of life you would let them ... sure just turn
  your cheek.  You said that you were not a biblical expert, and you sure
  are right about that.  Because the bible certainly allows for self
  defense.  I don't want this to become a biblical discussion, but the turn
  your cheek concept has nothing to do with this.  Neo, this response is
  not a personal attack against you, but your naive, college student like
  thinking is extremely dangerous.  I apologize to the list for my off
  topic input ... But this are very strange times that requires a very strong
  stance.  Hope you all are with me and the rest of the country.
                                    -H.
  Sonny Sarkissian-