Re: E-Signal Rate Hike

I trade E-mini using Metatsock-Pro getting the data from
E-Signal.  E-Signal announced today that monthly fees are going up.  I am
happy with the company and using Metastock, but I am not happy with this
price increase.  I once read here that Equis was working towards providing
support for other real-time data services.  Does anyone here know if there
is any progress in this area?

Thanks.
Murat

I am very happy with e signal and MS pro combo; however, I think the price of
e signal is a joke.  One of the problems with the price being so high is
inadequate competition.  As far as I am concerned MS is the best software out
there (with a great bunch of folks working there), at least for me that is.
However, only being compatible with one data vender for real time data (I
only day trade so need real time data) has been a major concern for me.  As I
trade semi professionally, and plan on trading full time soon, my livelihood
will depend on e signal and MS continuing to work well together.  If any
problem arises, it will cost me a lot of money, as I would have to stop
trading till I find, learn, and implement a new software and data vendor
along with my system.  What if e signal folds or worse MS folds?  What if e
signal and MS have a falling out?  I know these fears are not likely to come
true but can't help but think of them from time to time as this is my
livelihood.  Early this week I spoke with someone at MS, and he told me that
they are still working on other data vendors for real time for upcoming
versions.  However, he didn't know when this would take place.  I know this
info is not any help for anyone, but this is the latest I got from MS which
is the same info that we have been getting since MS went real time.
-Sonny Sarkissin-