Re: (Steve Karnish) Re: [RT] BEAS

Herman,

My "explorations" have evolved slowly over the last
couple of years.  In the beginning, I monitored the Naz 100 stocks.  I
then decided to reduce the number to 50 stocks and include a number of the Dow
30.  As time slipped by, I began "exploring" the S&P 500 stocks.
I settled on the current "50" and have another "50+" on the
sidelines.

Recently, I have been supplied a list of
"fundamentally" screened stocks.  To my surprise, the results were very,
very good.  None of the newly screened stocks are in the current list that
I post publically.  In fact, I haven't the slightest idea what criteria is
used to cull these issues out of the bigger mix (except, they all have strong,
postitive trends).

I've always been a "funny mentals" basher and have
relied exculsively on a technical approach.  Of course, that's still
the same approach I take.  I have been "supplied" this screened list by a
asset management company and I decided that it wouldn't hurt to run the numbers
on these issues.

The most intriguing part of this whole exercise is
that not only do these screened stocks perform well under the current default
settings (that I've been using for a couple of years)....but, when the
"triggers" are slightly adjusted to represent a strong fundamental posture, the
returns, in most cases, increase dramatically.

The key continues to be:  realizing that
"nothing works on everything".  Pick orderly, specific issues, and apply
unbending rules.  The StoRSI, the CMO, and BB Osc all work well.  Of
course, I have altered and adjusted each of these indicators to perform in a
more orderly fashion.  The default numbers that are supplied by the Chande,
or Blau or whoever initially conjures the formula are merely jumping off points
to "tear down" and "rebuild".

Take care,

Steve Karnish, CTACedar Creek Trading<A
href="http://www.cedarcreektrading.com";>http://www.cedarcreektrading.com