Re: (Steve Karnish) Re: [RT] BEAS

Steve:
This paragraph is most important:

The key continues to be:  realizing
that "nothing works on everything".  Pick orderly, specific issues, and
apply unbending rules.  The StoRSI, the CMO, and BB Osc all work
well.  Of course, I have altered and adjusted each of these indicators to
perform in a more orderly fashion.  The default numbers that are supplied
by the Chande, or Blau or whoever initially conjures the formula are merely
jumping off points to "tear down" and "rebuild".

Unfortunately too many people asume that because
someone wrote it down it must be asolutely true, and to change anything is an
act of heresy. I began to make progress when I stopped using the default
parameters as other than a starting point.

Lionel Issen<A
href="mailto:lissen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx";>lissen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr
  <DIV
  Steve
  Karnish
  To: <A
  title=Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="mailto:Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";>Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  ; <A title=metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="mailto:metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx";>metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Friday, June 08, 2001 11:28
AM
  Subject: Re: (Steve Karnish) Re: [RT]
  BEAS

  Herman,

  My "explorations" have evolved slowly over the
  last couple of years.  In the beginning, I monitored the Naz 100
  stocks.  I then decided to reduce the number to 50 stocks and include a
  number of the Dow 30.  As time slipped by, I began "exploring" the
  S&P 500 stocks.  I settled on the current "50" and have another "50+"
  on the sidelines.

  Recently, I have been supplied a list of
  "fundamentally" screened stocks.  To my surprise, the results were very,
  very good.  None of the newly screened stocks are in the current list
  that I post publically.  In fact, I haven't the slightest idea what
  criteria is used to cull these issues out of the bigger mix (except, they all
  have strong, postitive trends).

  I've always been a "funny mentals" basher and
  have relied exculsively on a technical approach.  Of course, that's
  still the same approach I take.  I have been "supplied" this screened
  list by a asset management company and I decided that it wouldn't hurt to run
  the numbers on these issues.

  The most intriguing part of this whole exercise
  is that not only do these screened stocks perform well under the current
  default settings (that I've been using for a couple of years)....but, when the
  "triggers" are slightly adjusted to represent a strong fundamental posture,
  the returns, in most cases, increase dramatically.

  The key continues to be:  realizing that
  "nothing works on everything".  Pick orderly, specific issues, and apply
  unbending rules.  The StoRSI, the CMO, and BB Osc all work well.  Of
  course, I have altered and adjusted each of these indicators to perform in a
  more orderly fashion.  The default numbers that are supplied by the
  Chande, or Blau or whoever initially conjures the formula are merely jumping
  off points to "tear down" and "rebuild".

  Take care,

  Steve Karnish, CTACedar Creek Trading<A
  href="http://www.cedarcreektrading.com";>http://www.cedarcreektrading.com