Re: Missing traders?

Hi, Bud
I suppose that I would also be a skeptic, if I hadn't been there.
I offer that with your trading experience, you might have personally
added some punch to the speaker line up.  :^)
Never the less, I stand by my opinion.  The Summit was very encouraging,
for the novice, and the intermediate trader.   I was able to
learn almost as much about MS, than during the years since I first used
MS Pro for DOS.   Some of the speakers shared formulae, and stayed
long after class to answer questions.  Of the more than 30 speaking
sessions, I felt that several were worth more than the cost of the gathering,
by themselves.
The Summit did come up a bit short for the intermediate to long term
trader.  One speaker called long term investors "moronic".
Another called it something less offensive, but with less than complementary
tones.
The final speaker, Larry Williams, might have agreed.  His favorite
area of investment is now the Dogs of the Dow (INDU), from NOV-APR, and
utilities from APR-NOV.  Imagine a commodities trader saying that.
I am still listening to the speakers on the Summit's web page.
They have the workshops set up with great 1/2 screen size slides that follow
along with the speakers.
Pring commented that, with all of his system testing, that he has not
found, good intraday system.  I thought that comment was interesting.
I think that he mentioned that he is currently developing a MS formula
package.  I asked him about his "Long Term Momentum" Expert system,
and why it consistantly gives formula error messages.  He explained
that many years of data is(are) required; as much as 15 years.  I
have personally never collected that much data.
Regarding the earlier comments about experts, and systems (Bressert),
I suspect that there will be several more after market system products,
before too long.  I hope so.
Larry

Songyun Fox wrote:
Give me a break.
Bud Fox....
LPetersen wrote:
Hi Eric
A lot of us attended the recent Trading Summit, in San Diego.
We are still digesting it all.
Wow.  I was able to ask questions to Martin Pring, and speak to
several
other of my trading icons.   There were attendees from all
over the
country; that surprised me.  Some were just learning the preliminaries,
but the workshops were great for all of us.
Congratulations to Equis.  You are restoring our hope for the future
of
MetaStock.  The Summit added sparks of enthusiasm, and excitement.
Many
of us are extroverted, solitary home traders.   Rubbing shoulders
with
other traders, at the luncheons, was wonderful.  The event opened
all
sorts of doors, and created uncountable investment-trading ideas.
:^)
Larry
San Juan Capistrano
Eric Porcher wrote:
> It seems that posts are extremely 'on-topic' these days.  Where
have
> all the traders gone?  Did the off-topic police finally overcome?
Did