To Larry Re The Summit

<SPAN
class=040424520-26012001>Larry
<SPAN
class=040424520-26012001>
What
Summit are you talking about? Was this online? Is it still online? Where can I
find it?
<SPAN
class=040424520-26012001>
<SPAN
class=040424520-26012001>Thanks, neo

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From:
  owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On
  Behalf Of LPetersenSent: Wednesday, January 24, 2001 5:35
  PMTo: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re: Missing
  traders?Hi, Bud I suppose that I would also be a
  skeptic, if I hadn't been there.   I offer that with your
  trading experience, you might have personally added some punch to the speaker
  line up.  :^)
  Never the less, I stand by my opinion.  The Summit was very
  encouraging, for the novice, and the intermediate trader.   I was
  able to learn almost as much about MS, than during the years since I first
  used MS Pro for DOS.   Some of the speakers shared formulae, and
  stayed long after class to answer questions.  Of the more than 30
  speaking sessions, I felt that several were worth more than the cost of the
  gathering, by themselves.
  The Summit did come up a bit short for the intermediate to long term
  trader.  One speaker called long term investors "moronic".
  Another called it something less offensive, but with less than complementary
  tones.
  The final speaker, Larry Williams, might have agreed.  His favorite
  area of investment is now the Dogs of the Dow (INDU), from NOV-APR, and
  utilities from APR-NOV.  Imagine a commodities trader saying that.
  I am still listening to the speakers on the Summit's web page.  They
  have the workshops set up with great 1/2 screen size slides that follow along
  with the speakers.
  Pring commented that, with all of his system testing, that he has not
  found, good intraday system.  I thought that comment was
  interesting.  I think that he mentioned that he is currently developing a
  MS formula package.  I asked him about his "Long Term Momentum" Expert
  system, and why it consistantly gives formula error messages.  He
  explained that many years of data is(are) required; as much as 15 years.
  I have personally never collected that much data.
  Regarding the earlier comments about experts, and systems (Bressert), I
  suspect that there will be several more after market system products, before
  too long.  I hope so.
  Larry
  Songyun Fox wrote:
  Give me a break.
    Bud Fox....
    LPetersen wrote:
    Hi Eric A lot of us attended the recent
      Trading Summit, in San Diego. We are still digesting it all.
      Wow.  I was able to ask questions to Martin Pring, and speak to
      several other of my trading icons.   There were attendees
      from all over the country; that surprised me.  Some were just
      learning the preliminaries, but the workshops were great for all of
      us.
      Congratulations to Equis.  You are restoring our hope for the
      future of MetaStock.  The Summit added sparks of enthusiasm, and
      excitement.   Many of us are extroverted, solitary home
      traders.   Rubbing shoulders with other traders, at the
      luncheons, was wonderful.  The event opened all sorts of doors,
      and created uncountable investment-trading ideas.  :^) Larry
      San Juan Capistrano
      Eric Porcher wrote:
      > It seems that posts are extremely 'on-topic' these days.
      Where have > all the traders gone?  Did the off-topic police
      finally overcome?  Did > I miss an exodus to another list?
      > > Looking for the ark, swimming... > >
      Eric