From: owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Filipe
Sent: Thursday, January 04, 2001 6:30 AM
To: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Off Topic - Re: Data Transfer - New Computer

Jim / Lenny

Here is my suggestion: use the software HDCopy. They have a shareware
version. The copy transfer all system files in such way that you can boot
from the new HD, and take out the old HD.

Text partially copy from Help.txt in HDCopy directory:

HDCOPY creates an image of a harddisk on a backupmedia of your own choice
 (PD/ZIP/HDD/Network ...). Images can be restored to any harddisk.
 Duplicating of harddisks gets dead easy.

*
*
*

 More information and orders
 To order, please print order form and send it via Fax, mail or E-mail.

       HDTRONIC EDV-Service GmbH
       Hauptstraáe 99
       21629 Neu Wulmstorf

       Tel: +49 / 40 70 01 20 91
       FAX: +49 / 40 70 01 20 92

       E-mail  : info@xxxxxxxxxx
       Homepage: http://www.hdcopy.com
                        http://www.hdtronic.de

Good Luck

Filipe Dutra

>Jim the only way that I know of is to copy the data to a disk and then
>recopy
>

>Jim,
>   I just went to a new computer myself and simply took the drive from the
>old computer and installed it into my new computer as a local disk. As I
>reloaded all my programs onto the new drive C all I had to do was copy
files
>from each program in drive D to the corresponding program in drive C. I
also
>called Metastock help and they gave me the proper procedures f or
transfering
>the Metastock files. I advise you to do the same. They were very helpful.
>
>Lenny
Filipe Dutra
fdutra@xxxxxxxxxxx