Building Spread Charts

Can anyone give me some advice on building spread charts.  I followed what
instructions were in the book (Version 6.5) and got it to work. The thing I'm
concerned about is, if I understand this procedure correctly, I'll have to
repeat this process each and everyday to see the change on a new line chart.
Please tell me I don't have to convert, subtract, etc., each day.  I'm still a
rather new user to Metastock and haven't figured out many short cuts.

Thanks,
Steve