T/A and Recent US Market Action

> I'm a relative beginner like you seem to be, and if I see 10
different CNBC
> guests contradict themselves on the "economic slowdown" of next
year, I just
> turn to the IBD futures page and look at the direction of raw
materials
> prices...

I'm not sure how to respond to being characterized as a beginner -
let's just say that I'm a very experienced "beginner", but one that is
continually learning and asking questions.

Your example is a great one and illustrates my fundamental point.
When _I_ see the talking heads on CNBC contradicting themselves, I go
to http://www.jackcarl.com/quotes.html (one of many possible sites) -
assuming I'm not already downloading the commodity prices from my data
provider into MetaStock already.

> There's a million little uses for this paper, and although I'm
fortunate to
> have a variety of  tools, I could make money using IBD, and nothing
else.

> How many tools do you have like that ?

I am not questioning the value of IBD in a vacuum - it is obviously
full of great info.  But the Internet is full of _tons_ of info for
free or near free and more is being added daily.  Maybe I should have
titled this thread "Usefulness of IBD in the Age of the Internet" - oh
well, live and learn.

Chip

P.S. This is my last post on this topic - I've done my bit to get our
number of posts up.  Who's next? ;-)

---Dick <dick@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Chip, the new America stocks almost always get goosed up in price
following
> an IBD mention, and this is seldom a great time to buy
them.....that's why
> the timeliness of delivery is not important (within a day or so)
>
> And you have to remember, guys like Richard (who have been doing
this the
> better part of 3 decades) have far better systems in place that work
over a
> broad range of market conditions.
>
> I'm a relative beginner like you seem to be, and if I see 10
different CNBC
> guests contradict themselves on the "economic slowdown" of next
year, I just
> turn to the IBD futures page and look at the direction of raw
materials
> prices...
> And I don't use RS figures to buy a stock that's already tripled in
the last
> six months; I look for divergence in the RS and the stock price, and
if
> successive RS figures are higher, while the stock price is the same,
it
> might be a good stock to further evaluate.
>
> There's a million little uses for this paper, and although I'm
fortunate to
> have a variety of  tools, I could make money using IBD, and nothing
else.

> How many tools do you have like that ?
>
> Dick
>
> P.S It really helps to check the same areas of the paper
everyday.....Once