Play it again, Sam (just one more time)

Hey Harley,
am I right in surmising that your drive's problems are +/- permanent? For my
part, I seem to suffer catastrophic data loss about once a year; more often
from doing something excruciatingly stupid than from real hardware problems.

There is a solution, however: About a year ago I bought an Iomega Jaz drive
which I've been using quite a lot with nary a problem. I use it for backup
and for carrying my Metastock data between the office and home. The thing is
fast & reliable (so far, knock on wood). The only disadvantage is that media
are (much too!) expensive: 190,- DM for one disk here in Germany.
Btw. there is a new model to appear soon with 2 gigabyte capacity.
Happy trading,
Jan Willem Roberts