Re: Confirm or Deny ?.

I totally agree Tom.  Looking at each of the major indicators with a
5% ZigZag indicator can help to see these patterns (Keeping in mind
that the last "zig" does not represent a true 5% change).

FWIW, here's what I see the major averages doing right now:

If the S&P500 closes below 900 it would be very significant because it
would complete the Head & Shoulders topping pattern that Tom
indentified.

Looking at the Dow Industrials, if it closes below 7600 it will break
a significant support level - possibly the base of a descending
triangle.

3000 is the key support level for the Dow Transports - also in a
possible descending triangle.  The Dow Utilities are in a strong long
term uptrend using 240 as a base support level.

Looking at the NASDAQ, 1550 is the key level. 420 is key for the
Russell 2000 which seems to be in a steep descending triangle.

Annotated charts provided upon request.

Chip
Wireless in Seattle via Ricochet