Re: 闽臦厨基╰参

Lionel,
Although you didn't realize it at the time, your Ford analogy actually proved
my point.  The Model T was the equivalent of the Altair 8800.  It was
gradually upgraded for many years.  The purpose of any automobile is to get
you from point A to point B.  My car does that.  My car is a Ford, runs great
(and fast), looks great, and is almost 30 years old.

In order for a consumer to use a product for a long period of time, the
product must fulfill its purpose.  With a 350 MHz Pentium II (300 MHz will
not come in a 100 MHz bus version), a 100 MHz bus, 8.4 GB Ultra-ATA drive,
and an AGP Viper, the average user will have no trouble performing ordinary
computing tasks.  MetaStock users will certainly not need more speed.  The
fact that some on this listserv still use a 486 proves my point.

>From a fellow Apple II+ user,
Daniel L. Martinez