Re: new boy

Hi again Steven,

I've got IRL, and I've been playing with it for a couple of months now...
The thing I like about it, is the ability to screen stock groups (using the
index blue outline indicator that comes as a canned indicator) quickly.

IRL will allow me to view stocks as quickly as I can press the down-arrow
button, and that's from MS 6.5 files !

Let me ask a question: I've been trying various ways of automatically
screening the daily IRL index-built, using the metastock explorer. I've been
using the ROC and new high explorations.

Also I've been experimenting with the Technifilter 8 point and figure "new
x" and roc/momentum filtering, and getting pretty good results (although I'm
not satisfied with my ability to interpret the results yet)

Has anyone else found a superior way to screen the industry group indexes
daily, built from the IRL ?

This is a great time to be learning about it, because as you know, the IBD
industry groups tend to lag the actual market by a couple of months, and
aren't really useful for finding new/emerging market leaders out of a
correction.

And I think we can call this a "correction" now, can't we ? <g>

Dick