new boy

>Brought this subject up a couple months ago --not a return peep from
>anyone. Well, do we junk the version 4 of MS; forced to update to a newer
>version?  When entering  dates on a stock or commodity at present, it's
>limited to 11/17/97, for instance.  Don't we have to enter a four digit
>date for year 2000 and above?  No problem with my other stock programs
>such as Right Time Stock Program--it's already setup with the four digit
>dates.  Any ideas?  T.C.

In version 4 the date is held as a floating point number so that 19Nov97 is
stored as 971119.  01Jan2000 would be 1000101 in this system.  Maybe MS4.5
handles this correctly.  I use MSU to import my data and have assumed I
have two years to change my software.  (I download my daily data and store
it in a Dataflex database, then I export the data again in ASCII for MSU to
do it's thing.)  Even if MS4.5 still runs I would expect most data update
programs to crash.

Why don't you set up a test system and feed it some year 2000 data?  Let us
know what happens.